Sunday, October 26, 2014

Extra Life Contest Winners

Before I say anything, I just want to say how proud I am of all of you. Together, KI gamers raised (at the time of writing) 9,035 dollars. Our original goal was one thousand, and later 5 thousand, and we crushed both of those goals. It makes me so happy to see us all coming together for a great cause like this, and I hope that we can go even farther next year!

As for the winners, I had to tweak things slightly. Turns out, most donations were done by non team members or anonymous donors. That being the case, I had to pick ten people who raised an impressive amount. I also decided to pick people who signed up as their wizards. I did this for a couple of reasons, those being internet safety, and also to respect the privacy of those who used their real life names. I would however, like to highlight the team member who donated the most, Timothy Titan, who gave an incredible 201 dollars. That absolutely rocks, and he's going to be at the top of my list in terms of which article I write first. Following that, I'll make the articles in order of response back to me. In a month or so, I have a break for Thanksgiving, followed shortly after by a December break. I'm hoping to try and fufill most of the articles during this period, but if I have time sooner, I'll try to fill one when I have time. So without further delay, here are our winners, in no particular order.

  • Timothy Titan
  • Vanessa Mythdust
  • Sarah Battlethief (may need some help finding her)
  • Austin Ironslinger
  • Shadow Wyvern (on central)
  • Iridian Willowglen
  • Jason Fireblood
  • Edward Anvilshard
  • Seth (flash33 on central)
  • Destiny Devereaux
As a reminder to our winners, they have the chance to ask me to create a dish based on something in either game. Could be an area, could be an npc, it could even be them! Two rules however, do apply. First, it has to be g-rated, this is a family friendly blog. :) Second: If it is your wizard/pirate, or if it is something from pirate101 (I haven't played it I'm afraid) then you'll need to provide me a little backround info on what it's about so I have a basis to go off of. Other than that, if you like any type of food, let me know, and I'll try my best to deliver what you ask. I'm very proud of all of you, and that means the whole KI team, and I think we truly did something wonderful. For the ten winners, you can reach me in several places to request a dish. I'm on twitter, (@monoplox), leave a comment here, on central, (@monoplox) and through my in game/blog gmail.(carlostrollfist@gmail.com) Until then, Foodies of The Spiral, UNITE!

- Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment