Sunday, October 5, 2014

Extra Life: Biting Into A Good Cause

 Reposted from my extra life page: Support me here and find the rest of the team -> http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=113638



Hi there everyone. My name is Carlos Trollfist. You may or may not know me, I'm a fairly reclusive member of the community. When I first heard about the fundraising and how KI and our lovely Professer Greyrose were putting together a team, I decided to sign up and see if I could help raise more money for the hospitals and the wonderful work they do.
This actually means a lot to me.A few years back, my older sister was having some serious throid problems. She ended up having to go through several surgeries, and made a full recovery. During the time, I was a little too young to fully understand quite what she was going through, but being a bit older now, I understand how scary it must have been for her. Looking back, the people who worket at the hospital she was admitted to, (one that was paid for by my parents' insurance) the staff who oversaw her really were wonderful, always working to see her mind at ease and do that extra thing to make her happy.
I realize that not all children who need that kind of care can afford it. That's why i've made a page here. My parents were fortunate enough to know that my sister would receive that extra special caring treatment. Not all parents can guarentee that for their children. I hope that by working to raise money here, we can as a coommunity give more parents that peace of mind.
I regret to say this, but I myself don't really have the financial ability to donate to this cause. That being said, I want to do what i can to give others incentive to donate further to the cause. That's where my blog comes in. I have a small blog related to KI's first game, Wizard101. My blog is called "The Culinary Conjurer". On it, i create food and relate it to npcs and others aspects of the game and what's going on both in the game and real life.
So how does my blog help things here? Well that's a good question! The top 10 team members for KI gamers, who donate the most themselves, will be given an oppertunity to request me to make something to be featured on my blog.
Now there are a couple of rules I need to set up for the sake of clarity. First, please note: the ten chosen will be the ten who donate the most themselves, not the 10 who are able to raise the most. I understand this may be a bit backwards in terms of thinking, but if i say the ten who raise the most, the list and subsequently, the donations may remain stagnant to where they are now. I'm trying to increase cash flow to the organization, and thus i'm going about it this way. Secondly, please note, the money donated does not have to be to my personal page. I want donations increased in general. It doesn't really bother me who you sponser so lon as you sponser. The third and final rule is about time. This contest of sorts will run until 12pm EST on October 25, which is the actual day of the event. At that time, i'll tally up the ten team members who donated the most, be it through comments or other social media if i am aware of it (twitter, central ect.) so be sure to check your comments on that day to see if you've won.
After i've contatced the winners, you can email me at carlostrollfist@gmail.com, with the dish you'd like and what you'd like it based on. For this contest, the limitations are pretty open. You can request an area in the game, an npc you like, or even you wizard or pirate. Please note, if you choose for it to be yourself, tell me a little bit about your wizard or pirate, so I have a little to go off of. Then all you have to do is keep an eye on my blog, and wait for your article to come. I'll make sure to send you a follow up message to let you know when so you'll be sure not to miss it.

So that's all I have to say. I really think this is a great cause, and while I myself cannot donate, I hope this acts as incentive for others to push themselves to help out a great charity. Together, we as the KI community will make a difference.

Foodies of the Spiral, UNITE!

- Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment